[SOLVED] Building a new PC - any recommendations?

May 19, 2020
Hey everyone, my old PC is quite outdated and i'm thinking of building a new one.

Here are the parts I've chosen:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with Wraith Prism
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 UD Motherboard
PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold 850W Power Supply
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh Case White
GPU: (Already own a relatively new Sapphire RX 580 8gb Nitro+, so I will be using this)
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD 512GB

If you could make any suggestions/recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
Does anyone know if I will have to do a BIOS update to support the CPU - i've read some Ryzen CPUs need to have their motherboard BIOS updated to support them?

*Edit - I've read the Wraith Prism cooler is alright, would it be worth buying an aftermarket CPU cooler?

Last edited:
Solution
Its always worth buying aftermarket CPU cooler with a good CPU.
But try with the Wraith (it seems decent) for now and see if you're satisfied.
X570 supports Ryzen 7 3700 out of the box!
For me its quite good Build... I don't know what brands PSU you have around you, but i would always go with Seasonic ( if its expensive around you, 600W will be plenty, if you have more money buy bigger).
For me its quite good Build... I don't know what brands PSU you have around you, but i would always go with Seasonic ( if its expensive around you, 600W will be plenty, if you have more money buy bigger).

Reactions: zing()
Solution
May 19, 2020
Thanks for the advice, i'm glad the x570 supports Ryzen out of the box. That saves me some time.
I might look into a cheaper PSU.

TRENDING THREADS