Building a new PC could you check over parts and give advice?

Desolater

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I'm wanting to build a new PC (for the first time) with some spare parts I have along with some new parts.

What I have:
700watt power supply (new)
AMD HD 7870
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
120GB SSD

What I need: http://amzn.com/w/3218QTWIHBMCE
Optical Drive
CPU
Motherboard
Cooling Fans (for overclocking a little)
Hard Drive for Games / Media
Case

Please give your opinions on the list, and what you would suggest I do differently, if I could save money anywhere without lowering performance I'd like to know, or if there's somewhere I could spend a little more to get more bang.

Also...is this everything I'll need? Will I need extra cables or parts to get it running? (besides a bootable version of windows on a flash drive)

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
What kind of PSU do you have (For proper voltage, and amps on the rail)?
Everything should be in the individual boxes: sata cables, manuals, screws, etc.
That case should be good and to me it looks sleek.

TheCheapGamer

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
The i5-4690k will be perfect for that build, my own opinion on storage is getting 1x2TB WB Green as its sometimes easier for file management but others prefer 2 in case one HDD fails. Otherwise that looks like all you will need.

If the 700w is a decent quality PSU, then you will easily be able to Crossfire 2x7870's in the future with some headroom. Hope this helps.

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

Then again, they are going with a Black HDD so it will be quicker than a Green dive, but it is all personal preference or what he/she is expecting out of it

TheCheapGamer

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013

Ah yes I failed to see that. The Black drives are really decent.