Build Advice Building a new pc need help (2nd PC)

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
normally i would just do this myself but i been out of touch lately with lot of pc hardware so i want to make sure i get it right.

My current build
CPU: i7 4790k
COOLER: hyper 212
GPU: msi gtx 1080(and msi 970 dont ask why lol)
MOBO: MSI Z97 gaming 5
RAM: 24GB ram(8 gb and 16gb kit mixed)
PSU: 750 watt psu evga supernova G2
CASE: NZXT H440

New Build
CPU: i9 10900k
COOLER: obviously need watercooling, plan on an AIO but not sure which are good to get

MOBO: not entirely sure as this is prob where i need the most help but i was thinking of maybe
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi ATX

RAM: 32GB ram(dont know which to get)

GPU: gonna use my gtx 1080 for now and try to get a 3080 when its available(as it will probably be really hard to get one)

PSU: was thinking i would need at least a 1000w? perhaps another EVGA since this one been working well?

CASE: im not sure what would be a good case to get, if the rtx 3080 will be even bigger than the 1080 i would definitely need a different case, its a bit hard to get the 1080 in the one i have now, need a bit of help to choose a new case

And one more thing, i plan on using all the storage drives i currently have in my current pc( 1 OS SSD, 1 NVME M.2 ssd, and 3 HDD), i never swapped an OS drive to another PC before, is there anything i need to do or is it just plug and go lol

if anyone would have anything else to say feel free to, like i said earlier i fell a bit behind with keeping up with all the newer PC stuff

EDIT: forgot to add cpu cooler

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
COOLER: obviously need watercooling, plan on an AIO but not sure which are good to get
Why necessarily? Top air coolers can be jsut as good or better. Depends what market you want to get into, or how you want it to look for example.

PSU: was thinking i would need at least a 1000w? perhaps another EVGA since this one been working well?
You don't need any more than a good quality 750W really. Just have to make sure it's good quality. EVGA make trash AND good units. How old is your current one?

i never swapped an OS drive to another PC before, is there anything i need to do or is it just plug and go lol
You'll want to reinstall windows entirely.