Building a PC (First Time)

crytech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2014
It's my first time building a PC, and I want to know your thoughts about what's good and what's bad about this build guys, this is for gaming at 1080p high/ultra, light overclocking, and video editing.

This is my build plan : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PCxN23

- I got a FREE Corsair 760T case from an old friend, so just ignore it.

- The display that I'm planning to purchase is the Asus VX239H which is a 23" AH-IPS panel 1080p with 5ms response time , with HDMIx2 and D-Sub connectivity.

-The reason why I'm choosing the Samsung 850 PRO because it is fast, reliable, and deliver a high-consistency performance with a good amount of warranty time.

- I'm planning to purchase another 970 for SLI, but maybe a couple of months later. Going to buy the same memory to maxed it to 32GB at the same time.

- I'm going to replace the 760T's back exhaust fan with the same fan as the front with the same white LED so I can get a good visual through the case window.

- For peripherals :
Corsair K95 RGB Blue Switches keyboard.
Corsair K65 RGB mouse.
Corsair Commander Mini for the Corsair Link and Fan control, also for the light strips.

- I do care about looks and for me spending more for it is quite worth it.

- I'm quite a Corsair+Asus fanboy. That's because their product is more easier to access here in Indonesia than the other brand, and also because both of their shop is located at the same complex of my house.

Thank you.

Solution

A evo will do for mild oc

crytech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2014

Gaming at 1080p high/ultra, light overclocking, and video editing. How much I spent is none of your business isn't it?

Bit rude ^^ Dunno why the h100i doe, light oc'ing, not needed

crytech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2014

What coolers would you suggest? I got a feeling that you would say that I should use a stock cooler instead ^_^

crytech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2014

This is powerful? If I go with X99 with 3 way SLI or more then you're right, but with Z97 = nope, it's standard (In my opinion, everyone has their own preferences) peace ^^....