[SOLVED] Building a PC soon

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BrandonFitzpatricc/saved/MTVDxr

Here are my current components. This PC is primarily for gaming. I’m trying to finalize everything so I can start purchasing. I’m going to use a hard drive from a previous build as storage, and the GPU is a placeholder until the custom RX 5700 XT models come out (I’m most likely going to buy the MSI gaming X variant or the Asus ROG Strix variant). I feel very confident about everything except for my motherboard. I did a fair amount of research and it seems like a solid motherboard, but I still feel a bit uneasy about it, mainly because choosing the right motherboard is one of the hardest parts of choosing components in my opinion. I want it to last me at least five years, because I don’t plan on upgrading this PC much until it really starts to become out of date. I also feel a little uneasy about pairing an MSI motherboard with an Asus GPU, assuming I go with the ROG Strix variation (which I think I’d prefer over the MSI Gaming X), because that GPU will most likely have addressable RGB and I don’t want to have any complications surrounding that since I believe the RGB on that GPU is only controllable through aura sync. I mainly want to know if I should invest some more money into an ROG Strix X570 motherboard, or if I’m overthinking too much and would be fine with the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi. Also, if there are any other changes that I should make to my components then feel free to let me know.

Solution
Okay, so this may be preference but invest more into your AIO if you want AIO cooling as the M240R has many online reports of dying within 3 months or so EVGA CLC is a good option the NZXT Kraken series is also good as far as I know anything Corsair as well just be sure not to overspend on one either.
Okay, so this may be preference but invest more into your AIO if you want AIO cooling as the M240R has many online reports of dying within 3 months or so EVGA CLC is a good option the NZXT Kraken series is also good as far as I know anything Corsair as well just be sure not to overspend on one either.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc
Solution