[SOLVED] Building First Computer

Feb 19, 2019
Hey everyone, first poster and first time building a computer. I've been upgrading my Dell Inspiron 3656 Desktop, and after realizing that Dell is doing everything in it's power to stop me from doing that, (8 pin connector on the motherboard instead of 24 pin and soldering the CPU in to the motherboard ) I decided to finally put down the cash and build my own from scratch. I didn't know the first thing about building pc's so I spent several days researching parts and the general how-to's, and now I feel very confident. Being a college student I don't have a lot of money but I feel that I am able to make a medium range PC. I would really love advice and budget ideas on the parts I've listed from people who know much more than me about this. I already own a couple parts from trying to upgrade my Inspiron (I've learned my lesson, never buying a remade again.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (Will maybe overclock down the line)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4) DDR4-2400
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 560 - 896 4GB (Down the line will upgrade this but planning on having this for at least a few months) (Already own GPU)
Case: DIYPC Gamemax-W-RGB White Dual USB 3.0 ATX Full
PSU: Insignia 450-Watt Power Supply ATX-Non Modular Design (Already own)
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW - 24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Hard Drive: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" Internal Hard drive

Solution
Your build looks fine, except for one thing I can't stress enough. Do not cheap out on your power supply. Get a new one as soon as possible, from a reputable brand. PCs fail all the time because people use the power supplies from old prebuilts.

P.S: sorry it took so long for someone to reply to this.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Your build looks fine, except for one thing I can't stress enough. Do not cheap out on your power supply. Get a new one as soon as possible, from a reputable brand. PCs fail all the time because people use the power supplies from old prebuilts.

P.S: sorry it took so long for someone to reply to this.

Solution