sirdariush

Honorable
Jan 10, 2019
I have this model of IdeaPad PRO 5 16APH8 with the R7 7840HS (freshly bought) with the Radeon 780M GPU and my Wifi card seems to be broken.

I tested Ethernet using an Ethernet cable and the speed is constant and in conformity with my internet subscription, whereas the wifi card seems to fluctuate a lot when it comes to overall speed: I've tested it by downloading a file and I kept watch of the download speed's behaviour. There are certain periods when the download is > 30 mbps and certain periods where there is <= 1 mbps download speed. I need to mention that I have a Wifi 5 Router. The same goes for browsing; there are times when i have to wait > 25 seconds to open a new tab. I have also done this tests from a hotspot source and the behaviour is rather similar.

On top of that, I have a MediaTek MT7922 Wifi6E RZ616 160Mhz wifi card. I also tested an external USB wireless adaptor (TP-Link AC1300 which has Wifi 5) and the problem seems to be gone.

I got the latest drivers for the wifi card but it didn't solve the problem.

I tried to download the latest drivers for WLAN from the Lenovo website;
(https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ro/en/...es/ideapad-pro-5-16aph8/downloads/driver-list)
To add to that, I also downloaded the latest RZ616 drivers for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Update Catalog and that also didn't work.
(https://www.catalog.update.microsof...Fi 6E MT7922 (RZ616) 160MHz Wireless LAN Card)

I also tried to limit the wifi card to output only wifi 5 (802.11ac) and that didn't work either.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue?

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that only one network adapter is enabled on the IdeaPad?

Only one network adapter, either wired or wireless, should be enabled at any given time.

Barring specific requirements to use both.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Copy and paste the full results here.

Mediatek really doesn't like to support end customers. You would think you could just get the drivers from their site like you can from intel and most other chipset vendors. Meidatek if they exist have hidden them very well.

Not sure which drivers would be best.

Although one of the last things you want to try it could be a defective card or loose antenna connectors. If you replace it I would use a intel device just because their support seems better.

From your speeds it is acting like you are running on the 2.4g radio. Can you force it onto the 5g radio band.

Many times you can't change much on the pc side. I would use different SSID on your router for 2.4 and 5 so you can pretend it is a different network when you are connecting.

Someplace in the wifi status it will give you the so called "speed". This only is the speed in some fake lab test setup but it does give you a very good indication of what the router and the pc have negotiated as to how the data is being transmitted.

The number you see you can look up in what is called MCS tables. It will give you a good idea about the signal levels...but it doesn't actually fix anything.

I would try the standard change the radio channels on the router and see if they work better. Try a couple different ones. Mostly this is on the 5g radio band there is very little bandwidth to choose from on 2.4g. Some times there are strange issues with the support of the restricted radio bands used on 5g.

sirdariush

Honorable
Jan 10, 2019
@sirdariush

No PM's please.

Post the "ipconfig" results here so everyone will have the same information and be able to post responses accordingly.
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-19K9O2D
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek USB GbE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-4C-68-24-66
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 16-AC-60-03-FA-0B

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 16-AC-60-03-EA-1B

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 14-AC-60-03-DA-2B
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2a1e:7644:ad39:f247%14(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.155(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, April 26, 2024 3:49:36 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 27, 2024 3:49:35 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 236235872
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-2D-B7-69-AD-00-E0-4C-68-24-66
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 14-AC-60-03-DA-2C

sirdariush

Honorable
Jan 10, 2019
Mediatek really doesn't like to support end customers. You would think you could just get the drivers from their site like you can from intel and most other chipset vendors. Meidatek if they exist have hidden them very well.

Not sure which drivers would be best.

Although one of the last things you want to try it could be a defective card or loose antenna connectors. If you replace it I would use a intel device just because their support seems better.

From your speeds it is acting like you are running on the 2.4g radio. Can you force it onto the 5g radio band.

Many times you can't change much on the pc side. I would use different SSID on your router for 2.4 and 5 so you can pretend it is a different network when you are connecting.

Someplace in the wifi status it will give you the so called "speed". This only is the speed in some fake lab test setup but it does give you a very good indication of what the router and the pc have negotiated as to how the data is being transmitted.

The number you see you can look up in what is called MCS tables. It will give you a good idea about the signal levels...but it doesn't actually fix anything.

I would try the standard change the radio channels on the router and see if they work better. Try a couple different ones. Mostly this is on the 5g radio band there is very little bandwidth to choose from on 2.4g. Some times there are strange issues with the support of the restricted radio bands used on 5g.
I separated the SSID of the router and the 2.4g version seems to be quite stable while the 5g one is very unpredictable.

Ralston18

Titan
ipconfig results very much as would be expected.

The computer is currently being provided a DHCP IP address of 192.168.0.155 via the default gateway (router) at 192.168.0.1 using subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

Lease time is only 24 hours which should not really make a difference per se. No harm in increasing the lease time to the maximum allowed by the router.

Two things that have proven helpful for other users:

1) Disable IPv6.

2) Change the DNS Servers to Google at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

5g may be experiencing interference. Per @bill001g (Post #4) try other channels.

There may be other ideas and suggestions.

May 6, 2024
Hello

I have the same Lenovo Laptop model, the

Ideapad pro 5 16APH8​

and i have the same problem, no wifi and no bluetooth, i buy the computer with no OS, after that i buy a windows 11 licence and i install it. After that all works fine on the computer during 2 or 3 months, but from one day to the other the wifi and bluetooth gone.
I already installed all drivers after formating the laptop, but nothing ever appeared in the device manager.
From what I looked on the internet, this has already happened on other Lenovo models. And from what I come to the conclusion is that realtek or mediatek equipment are the real problem. I say this because Lenovo computers with an Intel wifi card have no problems, only the others.
I no longer know what to do to solve this problem, as I have warranty on the computer and maybe it will be sent to the seller, but I would like to try to solve the problem first because i need my laptop

Any solution?

Best regards
Diogo