One thing you might want to add are a cpu cooler as im pretty sure the stock ryzen cooler won't fit.Gotchya. Well waiting for an x570 ITX would really be the only next-gen component I'd be waiting on at this point. I'll see what the effect on prices are on the other components after Computex next week and then go from there. I'm doing this more of the experience as opposed to maximizing component performance per dollar. The parts I am eyeing now (see below) seem to have all already jobbed a decent amount in the past 6-12 months, so I'm not sure how much merit there would be in waiting until E3. It's the perpetual cycle of technology, albeit a supposedly significant next-gen.
Regarding the ITX I'm looking to minimize on space and construct something my partner won't complain about seeing haha. I saw a few LZ7 mini ITX case builds with the walnut panel and was enamored. At that price point perhaps just a DAN case, but that's something I need to research more.The small form factor in general is most appealing to me.
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2PMdyX
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($118.50 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($126.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($67.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case ($97.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.39 @ OutletPC)
This comes out to $900-$1,000 depending on the case. It's tough for me to envision the 1600 going down anything significant in price (waiting into July or August for it to drop below $100 doesn't seem worth it to me). And while the next-gen entry level CPU may be bounds ahead in performance at a similar price point, I would expect needing to pay more upfront for the x570 to go with it. Again, I will just wait and see how the market reacts after Computex before pulling any triggers. For me, I'm content with this as a first build because it should meet my needs at least for the next 3 years, at which point I can either scrap most of it and re-use the case for a more premium build (I think the power supply will probably be enough as well given the direction of the industry regarding power efficiency?) or if I'm cash strapped this build still has some room for upgrade.