[SOLVED] Building my first custom PC. Do I need to buy a cooling system?

Aug 27, 2021
I was planning to an AMD 9 CPU which comes with its own heat sink and fan

and a GPU (thinking about NVIDIA 3060 - 12 GB) comes with its own fans

I don't have that much money left in my budget after buying all the other components and didn't want to buy a cooling system now and maybe later if I need it

I don't play that many games etc. and will not likely be overclocking and stuff like that

So can I just go with the fans that come with my CPU and GPU? And not buy a cooling system.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Certainly, you can first try the supplied coolers. They are likely to be just fine.

Pay attention to the air intake cooling capabilities of your case.
Any cooler, cpu or gpu, needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
Aug 27, 2021
I was thinking about a liquid cooling kit with the tubes, pump, and reservoir to attach to my custom PC.

I don't have the budget to buy it now with all the other components and not sure if I even need it.

(1) Can I install a liquid cooling kit (with reservoir etc.) later after my complete build? I say youtube vids where it seems like you can do it later on and not during the initial build

(2) I was planning to use software to monitor my GPU and CPU to see if the heat rises hot enough to justify buying a cooling kit: is this possible and any app recommendations for this?

(3) If it turns out I monitor my GPU and CPU heat temps and it doesn't enough get hot enough, I might not buy a separate cooling kit

(1) Can I install a liquid cooling kit (with reservoir etc.) later after my complete build? I say youtube vids where it seems like you can do it later on and not during the initial build
(2) I was planning to use software to monitor my GPU and CPU to see if the heat rises hot enough to justify buying a cooling kit: is this possible and any app recommendations for this?
(3) If it turns out I monitor my GPU and CPU heat temps and it doesn't enough get hot enough, I might not buy a separate cooling kit
Liquid cooling is not mandatory.

You can change cpu cooler later, if necessary.
For gpu liquid cooling - specific kit compatible with your gpu model would be necessary.

Reactions: eugenep