Building my first pc. Please help on compatability, upgrades, etc

Cdsanders22

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
So, I have purchased quite a few parts already. Some can be returned l, some cannot. This is the first time I have ever done this and want to make sure it is completely compatible, even if PCparts says it is.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QBP2WX

CPU: Intel i7 6700k 4.0 ghz quad core
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 LGA1151
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4-3000
Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB
GPU: PNY GTX 960 2GB
Case: DIYPC Skyline 07
PSU: I think it's an EVGA 600w ($35) very cheap

I know the GPU could be upgraded for sure. Got it on sale for $130 for the computer I'm selling. Are all these parts compatible? Are they good to help me future proof? I have gotten really good deals on nearly everything in here. Will be paying Micro Center to build it, so I can't take the chance of screwing it up.
Thoughts?
Advice?

Solution

Basically it's an efficiency thing. How well the power supply performs. You have ratings measured in 80+ Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Titanium. You can guess that bronze is decent, and titanium is the best.
If the PSU is that cheap, I would not go for it. Unless it's on sale, you want to make sure the PSU is at least decent enough. i know you want to save money, but if the PSU goes out, then everything else can be fried. Is it even 80+ certified?

Also with the GPU you are holding back your CPU. That combination is very odd. i know you got it for a great deal, but getting the 1050 Ti 4GB ($140) should give you some more leg room. I would really recommend the RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB (both are around $250). LAstly, is 250GB really enough? I would step down to maybe 120gb as a drive to boot Windows, then grab a 1TB hard drvie from westen digital.

Cdsanders22

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Let me clarify a little. :) I have a PC I bought premade, bought that graphics card and PSU as an upgrade to it. These are items I owned before deciding to build this. For the games I play right now, the graphics card is fine. However, in the future I don't think it will be. It should last me until I find another 40% off sale, though.

For the SSD, I got it for $80 new at best buy.

Cdsanders22

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Note taken on the 1050 and 1060. Will add to radar to buy on sale. :) Thanks.

Also, what does 80+ certified mean? Very new to this. All of this is compatible, though?

Basically it's an efficiency thing. How well the power supply performs. You have ratings measured in 80+ Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Titanium. You can guess that bronze is decent, and titanium is the best.

Solution

Ali_76

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2015
power supplies are probably the one thing you dont want to cheap out at all. If it delivers wrong voltage , everything else will die, just spend 40 bucks more and get an evga 80+ plat certified if u can fidn it for that cheap, everything else looks good . also u failed to mention what ur cooler is , and also build it ur self , i swear its easy and chances of you screwing something up is really low. the one thing that could go wrong is if u drop a graphics card or something on the ground. its easy and if u pay someone to build it for you, its going to ruin the experience

TRENDING THREADS