Building PC for son please help

KetoDuo

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Ok, I just had to buils a streaming pc for my self & the $ is gone. I need to get a graphics card for my sons pc which has a E8400 Dual core processor. He plays H1Z1, Arma3, Day2, Helion, Rast & typically does so on a TV screen. Although, he does have a monitor. What would be the best video card to purchase, considering what I'm working with? BTW, I do have an i7 2600 that I can use if necessary.

Solution
These are mostly older game titles. A gpu at the level of a GTX 750Ti will suffice in most situations.

An overclocked E8400 at 4.2GHz may be just enough to play these game decently, though that may be an unlikely solution, unless you have the adequate LGA775 motherboard, after market cooling and skill set readily on hand. The easy way out would be to simply build around that i7-2600, as it would be more than sufficient to not be causing any cpu bottlenecks when playing any of those games. Though, we would be assuming that you have a motherboard to go with that i7-2600, as specifically looking for a decent LGA1155 motherboard will cost more than other alternatives.

KetoDuo

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Actually there's no additional power source, other than what came with the factory build. I learned a tremendous amount building this streaming pc, other than the fact that my knowledge was a decade behind. Let me check & get back to you on other. Thank you so much for your time!

KetoDuo

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Actually there's no additional power source, other than what came with the factory build. I learned a tremendous amount building this streaming pc, other than the fact that my knowledge was a decade behind. Let me check & get back to you on other. Thank you so much for your time!

LowlySkeleton

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
These are mostly older game titles. A gpu at the level of a GTX 750Ti will suffice in most situations.

An overclocked E8400 at 4.2GHz may be just enough to play these game decently, though that may be an unlikely solution, unless you have the adequate LGA775 motherboard, after market cooling and skill set readily on hand. The easy way out would be to simply build around that i7-2600, as it would be more than sufficient to not be causing any cpu bottlenecks when playing any of those games. Though, we would be assuming that you have a motherboard to go with that i7-2600, as specifically looking for a decent LGA1155 motherboard will cost more than other alternatives.

Solution

KetoDuo

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017