News Buildzoid Ryzen 7000 discussion stream going on now

Brian D Smith

Commendable
Mar 13, 2022
Regarding the 7950x - If one wants to do something for several hours...is it possible:

1. To set only...lets say 10 cores for a process...leaving the other 6 open?
  2. Lower to ECO mode (again, lets say) 10 cores to run in ECO mode...lets say 112 watts.

The idea is to have them running uninterrupted on a project and still be able to use your computer for other things...perhaps at full power.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Regarding the 7950x - If one wants to do something for several hours...is it possible:

1. To set only...lets say 10 cores for a process...leaving the other 6 open?
  2. Lower to ECO mode (again, lets say) 10 cores to run in ECO mode...lets say 112 watts.
The idea is to have them running uninterrupted on a project and still be able to use your computer for other things...perhaps at full power.

you can make a vm and give it the 10 cores or whatever. set it to low power mode in windows and let it run 24/7 easy enough. prob other ways but that's my first thought as something i have done before.

Brian D Smith

Commendable
Mar 13, 2022
vm?
Sorry...not sure what that means.
I'm wondering if the 7950x or the new top Intel i-13 gen would be easier to run at lower power over an extended time...roughly 112 watts? I've just hear the the new Ryzen is more efficient and would not have as much drop off at that wattage compared to the Intel chip.