[SOLVED] Built a new PC and games freeze then crash after 30 mins to an hour ?

Dec 14, 2021
here is a parts list to my computer.

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU:Asus strix 1060 6gb
Ram: 32gb (2x16gb) Gskill ripjaws v series DDR4
Powersupply: Cooler Master MWE 750W 230v
SSD: Samsung 980 1 tb

This is running on windows 11.

The main game I have an issue with is forza horizon 5 as it freezes after about 30 minutes or as soon as I open the game, it does it when ever. It also freezes on Rainbow 6, Dark souls 3, Battlefield 1 and 5, dead by daylight and Fortnite.
I am thinking this may be due to my graphics card as it is from my last computer and isnt new, Ive also had some issues with it before like it performing horrendously and running about 30 fps on dead by daylight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm quite new to building PCs.
thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

could be gpu, there aren't really many tests for them, you run a benchmark like heaven and see if it crashes during it... not exactly scientific. Other option is use another card since Ryzen cpu don't have igpu cores.

Dec 14, 2021
Okay, ill give that a try, thanks.
I did run a benchmark on heaven earlier today and had no crashes on max settings. I may end up buying a 1660 or something similar soon anyway.

Dec 14, 2021
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

could be gpu, there aren't really many tests for them, you run a benchmark like heaven and see if it crashes during it... not exactly scientific. Other option is use another card since Ryzen cpu don't have igpu cores.
It came back with zero errors