[SOLVED] Built a new PC minus GPU and having issues.

Jul 7, 2019
Just went out and bought almost a completely new rig and I am having nothing but issues setting it up.

It will turn on then turn off, usually happens twice then will get to BIOS. Need to install Windows which I have an install flash drive of win 10 pro. Once it gets past loading software it shows the BIOS with dotted circle going around and the CPU fan, gpu fan, and cases back fan all turn off and the screen freezes. PSU still running and front fans still running.

Corsair vengeance C70 case
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X MB
Corsair CX750m PSU
Crucial Ballistix 2x16 3200mhz RAM
Cooler Master hyper 212 RGB black Edition
I-7 9700 CPU
(Old) evga gtx 970 gpu.

Solution
So the Mobo's BIOS was at an 8th gen version and needed to be updated using q flash from the gigabyte site which I will include for anyone else if they have the issue.
When going into the Q FLASH tab it will say BIOS version which if it is not F7 or higher (mine said F4) it will not support a 9th gen CPU. tabhttps://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10#support-dl
If you are able to get your old system and test the new PSU in it then that show whether the PSU is at fault. If it is the PSU, return it for refund or replacement, otherwise test the GPU on the old system to make sure it did not get damaged, otherwise return the motherboard for refund or replacement.

Reactions: MrWaffles65
Jul 7, 2019
Actually tested with 2 PSU's with same outcome. Someone mentioned to try flashing the BIOS with the latest update and try that which I will be doing tonight and will update here. If it fails I will RMA it.

Jul 7, 2019
So the Mobo's BIOS was at an 8th gen version and needed to be updated using q flash from the gigabyte site which I will include for anyone else if they have the issue.
When going into the Q FLASH tab it will say BIOS version which if it is not F7 or higher (mine said F4) it will not support a 9th gen CPU. tabhttps://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10#support-dl

Reactions: ConanLock
Solution