Reputable
May 8, 2015
Hi there,

Built a gaming PC with specs as follows:
Mobo: AsRock 970 Pro3 R20 AM3+
CPU: AMD FX-4300 quad core FX series
RAM: corsair 8GB 1600MHz
Graphics card: 2GB MSI Rad R7 260x 2GD5

Once I first put it together and installed windows 7 64-bit I updated the software which was near enough 200 updates, as it was configuring them, that was when it first started to 'mess up'. It shut off during that configuration process and when I turned it back on again it wouldn't start (get past POST) and issued 5 beeps. Later I found out that, that normally means a processor error (+a damaged expansion card, the CPU or the motherboard could be prompting this AMI beep code). Weirdly enough the next day it would turn on, perfectly fine and worked normally then once I shut it down again, it would come up with the 5 beeps. This has happened multiple times where sometimes it would turn on, other times it wouldn't, no matter how many times I restarted it. I tried taking out the RAM, & graphics card separately to test if the beeps would change, which they did without the ram, after trying that it did work one last time but now it's stuck issuing 3 beeps on a continuous loop (which has indicated it's the RAM) despite it having worked before...?

Please please please someone help me, I would need to try each piece of hardware in another computer to figure out exactly what one isn't working but I don't have access to one. I've tried so many different things, getting sick of it! If anyone has any ideas I'd be so grateful!
Thanks.

Holzz90

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Hiya, all of that is fine & tested, RAM was definitely fully inserted and tested on every slot. Thermal paste was already preapplied and is still wet & sticky... Looks like a faulty motherboard so I'm sending it back for the moment and hopefully it is that or I'm back to square one. Thanks for your reply though !!!