Built in NT groups

Hi

Where can I find a description of the built in groups in
NT4 e.g. server operators and the individual functions
that they can perform. Looking at segregating admin
functions.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
| From: "elusive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Sender: "elusive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Built in NT groups
| Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 03:55:59 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
|
| Hi
|
| Where can I find a description of the built in groups in
| NT4 e.g. server operators and the individual functions
| that they can perform. Looking at segregating admin
| functions.
|
| Thanks in advance.

I have found a very in depth answer to your question. Rather than post
the entire content here, where it will lose the table formatting, go to this
link:

http://derekw.dynu.net/kb.asp

Click on Search, and enter:

Windows NT Groups

and the article you want will be the only one presented.

The article which is shown is very in depth, and should provide you
with the information you require. Let me know if there is something
further you need to know.

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Project Server Support Engineer
Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

Please reply in the group, so all can benefit

As you journey through life, take a moment every now and then to
think about the other fellow. He may be plotting something.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135
an e-mail alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this
service to notify subscribers when we release an important security
bulletin or virus alert, and also to make them aware that they might need
to take action to guard against a circulating threat. You should also
bookmark Microsoft Security Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches
visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to install
patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site
will keep you up-to-date.