Built in speaker is not showing and how to use built in speakers and LCD TV speakers both at the same time using HDMI

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Hi guys, I got a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 a Dell optiplex 780 So my pc is plugged with a LCD TV via HDMI I use it's speakers well I installed linux (ubuntu) in my pc so in options menu there was a built in speakers option I click it and my built in speakers worked but not at same time well I run my pc with windows 8.1 now so there's no option of built in speakers in playback settings only head phone works when I plugged it in or LCD TV speakers work I was wondering how can I get my built in pc speakers to work and LCD TV speakers both at the same time thankx anyway !

Sedivy

Estimable
Er...as far as I know, connecting any computer to project screen to a tv automatically mutes the volume on the computer so you don't have an echo chamber. It's supposed to do that.
Linux goes a step further in offering you a bit more manual control over the hardware but this is normal behaviour for windows. If you're looking for ways to circumvent this, I'd go into Sound->Playback and see if you can't configure more than one output to stay on, with different playback devices selected.

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

This mean's I can't use my built in speakers in win 8.1 in playback there's three things listed AMD HDMI output which is connected speakers which are not connected and head phones which are also not connected but no built in one

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Yeah I also don't know that I have a built in speaker or not,but there is built in speaker in my dell optiplex 780 there was the option to enable it in linux ubuntu 16.04

Sedivy

Estimable
I don't see where speakers would be though. Do you see the output anywhere on the chassis? If you're able to load linux again (if you don't have it installed, try one of those live usb versions that you don't have to install, just to test), try listening where exactly the sound is coming from. Might help to trace the hardware, and then see where it's plugging into the motherboard. Would make it easier to try to enable.

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Yeah I still got ubuntu in my second hard drive and the sound is coming from the front panel below the power button by the way I don't understand your answer totally