[SOLVED] Built PC but no display

kaijordanjohnson

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Hello all, I have built my PC but cannot get a display no matter what I do. I am new to this and am by no means an expert. This will be posted in two parts as Toms Hardware wouldnt let me send all together.

Upon turning on my computer, everything seems to be running like it should: the case fan is on, the GPU and the CPU fans are running, my hardrive is installed with a SATA Data 6gps and power cable, as is my Optical Drive and SSD. I did however have to borrow the SATA Cables from my SSD to plug into my Optical Drive as my case only came with two Data cables. I can hear that all is 'working', although one of the fans (I think it is the GPU) takes a while to run smoothly. There is also a red light on my motherboard next to my graphics card, I am not sure if that is healthy.

Upon booting, I plugged the HDMI cable into my Toshiba TV straight from the graphics card, but nothing. I then tried all the other different HDMI ports on the TV to no avail. I tried turning the TV on and off, the same with the computer. I also turned the TV off before plugging in the HDMI lead and vica versa, but there was no display either way. I know for a fact that the HDMI cable works because I use it for my Xbox with the same TV. I tried a different monitor (a TV with a HDMI and VGA port, which also works fine with my Xbox). Still no display. Both TV's come up with a blue screen and 'no signal'.

I originally thought that this was because I hadn't yet installed my motherboard CD, my GPU disk and Windows Licence, so I bought and installed an Optical drive- I can hear that this works; green light shows, I inserted a disk and heard it reading it. Nothing happens.

I then thought that maybe I would need to first use my Mouse and Keyboard? The trouble with this is that they are both wireless and would need to start the computer first to connect them.

Solution
Hi,

Try remove 1 ram at a time and retry system run.

This mobo got bad reviews and it can be s faulty one.

Also remove ur HDD and and remove ur optical drive.

Run system with bare minimum.

I dunno how comparable is Vulcan ram to Corsair ram.

See if this works.

kaijordanjohnson

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Part 2:

I had a bit of trouble connecting the Front Panel Connectors, simply because my motherboard manual was so basic. I also looked on Gigabytes website which did not give me any clearer instruction, neither did the Case manual. I think I managed to figure it out and made sure I put 'positive' and 'negative' in their rightful places, the computer wouldn't boot if I had done these wrong. I will attach the links to photos below and please correct me if you think I have connected them wrong

ishaan.iks

Great
Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

Try to remove ur graphics card and run system from intel uhd built in intel 8500.
Just place ur dvi cable from motherboard to monitor instead of graphics card.
Try this.

Thank you,
Ishaan

kaijordanjohnson

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

Hey, I have also tried that but nothing happens

Thanks

ishaan.iks

Great
Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

Try remove 1 ram at a time and retry system run.

This mobo got bad reviews and it can be s faulty one.

Also remove ur HDD and and remove ur optical drive.

Run system with bare minimum.

I dunno how comparable is Vulcan ram to Corsair ram.

See if this works.

Solution