Bulletstorm Arrives with Nvidia 3D Vision Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohjong

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Just bought the Alienware 120Hz monitor to begin my quest for 3D. But so far, the 2010 panel picture quality wise is much inferior than my other old 2405FPW.
If this screen is one of better 3D gaming monitor, then I recommend that everyone put their hard earned $350 toward a 3DS if you really want 3D gaming.

G

Here is my thoughts after finishing the campaign on normal in 5 hours (yes it is short)

Pros -
Stunning graphics and world detail
characters are funny and the voice acting is top notch
frame rate is smooth with no tearing or lag
combat system with the leash is fun but has cons
main character is a bad arse and very enjoyable to play
the kill system is unique

cons -
5 hours to complete campaign
didn't die once
can leash through cover or edges of walls
AI is ok, nothing special, but usually like to hide behind cover a lot (leash fixes this)
weapon upgrades are basic (ammo ammount and alt fire ammo ammounts get increased)
a few graphic glitches on projectiles
more like concept demo than a game

Conclusion
It's a fun game, I played it until finished but coming in at 5 hours for the campaign left me wanting more, I wont spoil anything but I enjoyed the story and the main character commenting through the missions with funny banter and insults to the enemies :)

they need to work on upgrades for the weapons and giving more selection, some vehicles would be great too, the world is stunning and requires more exploring, it's a one path only kinda game, so it's not hard to know where you go, sniping is probably the most fun I had, besides leashing bad dudes into fans :D DLC will add to the game and probably keep it on my hard drive but if they charge for it then no, considering the game on steam is $69.95 I believe it's not worth that much and DLC should be free to actually make this game longer and a little less repetitive.

I am crap at writing reviews, I am sure there are things I missed, It doesn't require much skill to play and is more like a action movie, it's face paced and requires about as much reflexes and hand eye as a drunk junkie. give it a go, if there is a demo play that first.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]mc1r[/nom]I rather wait for comment & review for this game before getting one.[/citation]
If you like the Gears of War franchise you will probably like this game. I actually got it because People can Fly produced Painkiller, an epic classic that I still think had pretty insane graphics at the time.

However this feels more like Gears - over the top and highly unrealistic violence, almost to the point of looking cartoonish, and a story that while might be entertaining for the average thickheaded FPS retard is a bore to myself. I didn't find the character banter amusing, I find it incredibly annoying.

The over all feel is this is a shock game with very little depth. I was hoping for something really fun, but the game is so linear that sometimes I feel like I'm just watching the game progress rather than actually being part of the game. That is also what I hated about Gears. I doubt a $500 3D monitor would help with the lack of game immersion.

The graphics are pretty good though, except the character models are horrible - especially when they interact with each other. It's almost like watching a puppet show. But to be honest I've never played a game where I actually thought the character models were anything other than creepy and awkward looking. Seriously....can we get some better modeling? I don't even care if it's pre-rendered, I just want at least their god dam lips to match up with what they are saying. Is that really too much to ask???

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Good game but sadly very short (5-6 hrs tops in campaign), bet there will be a zillion DLC's to pay for rather than the dev release them for free (like in the old days when they proved they really cared about the customers not only they hard earned money)

Sum it up,
Pro - Good game with fun action
Bad = It will run out very quickly, 5-6 hrs tops in the campaign and for the price paid, its simply not worth it

G

Bulletstorm is awesome in 3D! Something to keep me busy until BF3, sweet!

G

What a load of garbage. I have been playing all my games in 3D via a samsung 120 Hz LCD and the nVidia 3D vision glasses for over two years. This is the first time I have turned 3D off entirely because it looks terrible even after tireless tweaks video card driver updates etc. I'm a PC Technician with over Twelve years self employed. PCF games like Painkiller work perfectly in 3D but not this POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.