Jan 17, 2021
Morning or whatever your time zone is..
I have ASUS TUF FX505DT with;
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Laptop, 50W)
  • DISPLAY: 15.6”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), IPS
  • STORAGE: 480GB SSD
  • RAM: 16GB (8GB Dual Channel)

I have burn in marks on my screen IM NOT SURE if it's burn in marks cause I've seen people with burn in screen or dead pixel and it's different than mine. Can you guys tell what it is? Just to be sure
Here's photos of it with low brightness and max brightness
https://ibb.co/MCy9hvV
https://ibb.co/nP2pBDj

It's an IPS Display incase you need to know. And yes I still have the warranty (hopefully), just wanted to ask you guys about it.
Backstory, I had assignment to do so I spent the whole day doing it and when I had enough(it was around 1am) I turn my computer off and go to bed and in the next morning, a hugeee marks appears and it was bright (theres no image on it), so I calm myself down and play RGB and black and white transition video for 3 hours and the marks fades away. In the next day I left my laptop off on 10pm to 9am, the burn marks appears BUT it's not as bad as the first one.
Oh fyi, the marks fades away after an hour or more (2 hours 30 minutes max) and it'll be slightly faster if I put on black and white transition video and put it on full screen BUT after I turn my laptop off overnight (sleeping duh) and turn in back on the marks re appears and I did the same thing as before.. same results. I did a little experiment on it.. if I turn it off for like 3 hours.. the marks doesn't show up and then I left it off in about 6 hours and marks appeared, it didn't get worst if I leave it off because I did leave if off for 8-10 hours and the marks still the same.

Any ideas?
Posting this before I send this to the tech store where I bought the laptop, hopefully warranty still active and covers it because I want to know more about it.

Thanks!

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
It looks and sounds like condensation. It's odd though because it keeps reappearing. Do you live in a country with high humidity (it sounds like you may be with the timing of your post) or do you use the laptop in a humid room? Whichever it is, you may be able to fix it so turn up the screen to full brightness, put a light coloured image on the screen then leave it on overnight. Hopefully the prolonged warmth will cure it permanently. If it doesn't then you should return your laptop because the display unit isn't sealed properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qhailashnikov
Jan 17, 2021
It looks and sounds like condensation. It's odd though because it keeps reappearing. Do you live in a country with high humidity (it sounds like you may be with the timing of your post) or do you use the laptop in a humid room? Whichever it is, you may be able to fix it so turn up the screen to full brightness, put a light coloured image on the screen then leave it on overnight. Hopefully the prolonged warmth will cure it permanently. If it doesn't then you should return your laptop because the display unit isn't sealed properly.
About humidity and condensation.. I dont think so because my room is dry and where I live isnt that humid, my room is dry as always.. no humidifier, no air conditioner.. just dry air and fans.. I do have "Mini Air Conditioner" but I rarely use it and it doesn't vaporize the room and it's like 4 feet away from my computer.

I was about to do on your idea tonight but is it okay if I use black and white images? I used this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtNQntfXow&t=6023s

Hopefully the idea is a permanent fix