BURN IT DAMN YOU

G

I have an 8x speed burner. Im trying to get a pwoer point presentation to burn on the [-peep-] thing, but when i try to load the file on a computer, it doesnt see the cd with the file on it. I let the cd burner go until it pops the cd out. It write the toc fine, and i burn at 300 kb sec. I used adaptec easy cd creator to make the cd. i made it create a data cd too. What can i do to make it read the cd in other computers.
please hurry, i have to get this ppt to school in the morning.. Thanks, mechwarrior

G

I've used a Toshiba 8X with that software -- I have copied many things except power point files. I would think that you'd have to have power point on the other systems you are trying to use the prenstation on.

Are you sure the burner is not doing test burn/no write and you can see the files on that system when done burning.

Sorry, no much help here.

Take Care.
Yes,I know I'm immature, but my goal is insanity!

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"it doesnt see the cd with the file on it"

Does it not even see the CD, or know that a CD is inserted? Or are you just not able to see the file?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

it doesnt know that the cd is inserted. Ill go to my computer and double click on the D:(which is my cd rom drive) adn it will say Drive not accessible The Device is not ready. Then i can click retry or cancel. I have tried retry about 50 times, tried reboot, and reinserted cd a bunch of times.

G

I've seen this before. I've got an old scsi Toshiba 16x that will read some disks I've burned on my Sony, and won't read others -- and will NEVER recognize CD-RW disks... in any case that's exactly what happens when I put a cd in that it refuses to recognize. Just about all newer CD-ROM drives will read CD-R disks without a problem, and most will read rewritables too, but a lot of older drives are pretty finicky.

G

lol, had this problem ..

1.open your pc
2.get your burner out
3.open it
4.now take a Q-TIP (those things to clean the ears)
5.put it in your mouth
6.apply some mouth-water on it (duno how you call it in english)
7.now take that Q-TIP and clean the CDRW's LENS
8.close the cdrw back
9.put it on the pc
10.cross fingers and boot

hope it worx

raz