[SOLVED] burning dvds

Dennis Hagans

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
I converted some facebook church services to DVD format took 23 hours to do 4 services, tried to burn them to a DVD, failed went through many DVDs, failed, bought brand new DVDs failed, bought a new external burner as my laptop did not come with one builtin figuring my other two external drives need the heads alligned.. failed.

Winows 10, new 100 pack of DVDs verbatim, new 3.0 cd\dvd read writter, failed failed failed

all I was after was to put 4 services onto dvd for those who do not have internet but do have a dvd player.

used command burner to burn 1 disk said it completed but the disk would not play.

just downloading the facebook videos takes forever, then the conversion took 23 hours from mp4 to DVD format, now I cannot get them to burn to DVD. every step of the way has been a pain.

Solution
What software are you using to burn? I would suggest the free version of ImgBurn.

For doing image conversion you can use the trial period of ConvertX it does many formats.

As far as download speeds, I cannot help you there if your ISP is slow. Is there any other source of the video data that you can get from the people that record the material? I'm not a FB user so maybe someone has an idea there.

RealBeast

Titan
What software are you using to burn? I would suggest the free version of ImgBurn.

For doing image conversion you can use the trial period of ConvertX it does many formats.

As far as download speeds, I cannot help you there if your ISP is slow. Is there any other source of the video data that you can get from the people that record the material? I'm not a FB user so maybe someone has an idea there.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
back when i burned a bunch of dvd's i noticed that burning at a fast speed caused all kinds of issues for me. it may be capable of burning at 20x but those dvd's never really worked well. so i tended to burn at like ~5x. it takes longer but i had a lot less coasters when finished.

no idea what speeds you're trying to burn at but perhaps a slower speed might help. worth a shot anyway.

other thought, is that the file structure might be right for a dvd player. check the settings and be sure you are burning it correctly to get a playable dvd. again no idea what settings you are using or what software but these were the things i had issues with myself back in the day.