Question Burnt Ports, GPU Fans still spinning

Jun 20, 2019
Won't specify my specs as there would be no need. As the title suggests i ran into a problem. Last night when i was playing a game i got a little angry and punched my second monitor causing a blackout in my house (eletricity went out). I flipped the switch and lights came back on for my house. Went to switch on my pc and got a "no signal" so i took apart my pc and found that the hdmi port which is for my second monitor (main monitor uses vgi to vga or whatever) as i was saying the port for my second monitor which uses hdmi to vga the port for the gpu was burnt. when i unplug my gpu and attach a vga to vga cable the first time i went to switch on my pc i could smell the cable burning, so i thought i had a motherboard problem too, i went out to purchase a new vga cable and this time everything went fine, no burnt odor or anything.

If you're too lazy to read all of this, my main question is can i fix a graphics card that has a burnt port, its not a port that i use anyway and the fan is still spinning so everything works except for the cable ports (hdmi, vgi)

Jun 20, 2019
Won't specify my specs as there would be no need. As the title suggests i ran into a problem. Last night when i was playing a game i got a little angry and punched my second monitor causing a blackout in my house (eletricity went out). I flipped the switch and lights came back on for my house. Went to switch on my pc and got a "no signal" so i took apart my pc and found that the hdmi port which is for my second monitor (main monitor uses vgi to vga or whatever) as i was saying the port for my second monitor which uses hdmi to vga the port for the gpu was burnt. when i unplug my gpu and attach a vga to vga cable the first time i went to switch on my pc i could smell the cable burning, so i thought i had a motherboard problem too, i went out to purchase a new vga cable and this time everything went fine, no burnt odor or anything.

If you're too lazy to read all of this, my main question is can i fix a graphics card that has a burnt port, its not a port that i use anyway and the fan is still spinning so everything works except for the cable ports (hdmi, vgi)

Before you ask me to try taking out the ram, cleaning it or to hold down the power button with no power cable attached. I've literally tried everything. The ports are dead for the gpu and my pc is fine. I just wanna know if i can save my gpu because i don't have money at the moment to spend on a new graphics card.