Question Buttery Smooth? Never seen it.

coolgez75

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
So. My panel is a 75hz display. I can see an improvement over 60hz.

But it still doesn't feel "smooth".
There's chop and micro stuttering when I pan the cameras in game. With and without V sync. Capping to 75 and so on.
Doesn't work.

Specs: 2700x, 1080ti, C6E, 3200 16GB trident Z.

For what ever reason unknown to me. It feels the same as if I were playing at decent FPS on my old I3 laptop before upgrading.
Just never seem to be able to get things smooth at all.

I've searched through threads after threads and everyone seems to be answer the same thing or don't really know what it is they are talking about, hense this post. About an issue that's been asked about millions of times. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Also something specific I'd like to know is would a global vsync from the control panel be viable? Is there anything in there that might help overall also aside from game settings or backdating to a driver that's better for overall performance?

Note: Screen captures and recordings are smoother than anything I've seen. But I know it's not comparable as one is pre rendered.

coolgez75

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Did you try using different cables, maybe switching between hdmi and display port, monitors can be weird like that

I can give another cable a try sure, my monitor doesn't have display port which is tad annoying seeming the gpu only has one hdmi and 4 display ports.

Any other things that could be it?