[SOLVED] Buy 3700x at discounted price now or wait for 5600?

leejunfan

Honorable
Nov 14, 2014
Hey guys. I am building a new PC and I mainly do video editing. As a hobby. But i do it a lot.

My question is mainly about which Ryzen CPU to choose.

I have the option of buying 3700x at 250 USD now or waiting till release of 5600 (non X).

1) Should i wait for the 5600 release early next year or should i go for 3700x now?

2) Do you think there is a chance the 5600, despite being cheaper (expected to be 220USD) than the 3700x, can perform the same or better in threading and multicore application?

I rarely game on my PC. Its mainly video editing and photoshop similtaneously.

Solution
The question is...more cores cheap, or a CPU that will give you a couple more FPS in low resolution or high refresh rate e-sport gaming with high-end GPU's. Which is more important to you?

Even for video editing, until reviews come out it will be impossible to say which is better at any particular thing, or how much better to gauge which price is fair-er.
The question is...more cores cheap, or a CPU that will give you a couple more FPS in low resolution or high refresh rate e-sport gaming with high-end GPU's. Which is more important to you?

Even for video editing, until reviews come out it will be impossible to say which is better at any particular thing, or how much better to gauge which price is fair-er.

Solution