Buy a Level 90 World of Warcraft Character Boost for $60

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you can't pay some one to play for you if you get caught and I've seen it happen your both banned.
Yes, many still play WOW, so get over it.
Yes, it is still the #1, and yes that is after loosing millions of users.
Yes, I know you stopped playing awhile ago were all impressed, so why does your input have any bearing on the discussion since you don't play?

My feeling on the mater (and yes I still play), this influx of 90 newbs will mainly be felt in raiding. This is going to make raiding hell for awhile. I may take some time off raiding and just explore the new content for awhile.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
we have friends who wants to play wow again. this boost character level used to be free. we'd rather not play again than pay another $60 for the boost. it's nice to see there's a feature to boost your character. this disgust me, just another way to grab more money from already paying customers. reminds me why i left wow in the first place.

voreo

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Im alliance, and i hope you support the rebel horde against garrosh :p

InvalidError

Titan

A lv90 newb when the level cap is 100 does not really make much of a difference for raiding at lv100: if your instant-90 friend cannot figure out his class in 10 levels of grinding to reach the cap, the high-level dungeon grind necessary to finish bringing his iLevel high enough to unlock Heroic dungeon LFG and the 30-50 Heroic dungeon runs to get the gear and badges necessary to meet the iLevel requirement for LFR, it is unlikely the extra 1-90 grind would make him substantially better.

And then you have all the hybrid classes where many players choose to level as DPS and then go tank or healer at level cap... levels 1-99 won't help a shadow priest, enhance/elemental shaman, ret pally or cat/boomchicken much when they go holy/resto at lv100.

hannibal

Distinguished
Heh! In the next big online role-playing game you can start directly from level 100, so no boring level 1 quest to catch 1000 mouse tails anymore... You can start directly from level 100 and collect 1000 dragon tails instead... much more fun? Maybe in the future there are only very boring level 1-100 grinding and real stuff starts from level 101 (if you pay enough). The base game 10$ (and additional 25$ for each 10 levels) Hmm... pessimistic... who, me???

GamerXtreme2013

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

I play both sides, but i like horde better, When you say " For The Horde! " its sounds fierce and powerful, but when you say " For The Alliance... it sounds weak and gaf " lol. I cant wait for WoD Xpac!

True they may not get into the newest raids but none of us will be able to run the newest Raids we will all have to work thru content and get to 100 1st. Newbs can get token gear off the timeless isle easily, perhaps they have token gear stashed in their banks now from their other toons. Then they can flood the Siege of Orgrimmar Raids. It wouldn't be so bad if they watched the videos on the raids and learned them but most don't. Nothing worst the having the tank say "hey I've never done this before what do I do?", when your looking at a boss.

You seem confused it's nice to see this feature and it disgust you at the same time? Yes, how terrible a company that makes games that wants to make money. How strange that is, here I thought they just make games for us to play for fun how dare they try to make money from it too.

InvalidError

Titan

Personally, the most fun I have had in WotLK and Cataclysm is the first three months where everything is new for everyone and almost nobody quite knows exactly what to do so there is a lot less finger-pointing than later in a content patch cycle. After that, people start to become far less tolerant of people who do not already know everything by heart, which is a major bummer for players who play on-and-off.

I guess the thing that bothered me the most about Cat was after months of grinding and high expense to get the best purples in the game to find a green in a simple no brainier quest that was better. Most of the new areas were fun I think the only one I found tedious was the underwater section.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
For those speaking against pay to win due to the scrict sense of it, there are many ways for a game to become pay to win. There is the putting things behind a pay wall that give an unfair advantage, and there is the paywall free method but instead putting items behind a grind wall.For example (extreme case) the game spyral knights allows you to unlock items using ingame money that you earn from paying, but after a certain level, the gear is so expensive that you literally have to grind the same areas well over 1000 times in order to level up to the next stage, so while it is technically not pay to win, in reality, you have to pay if you do not want to spend years leveling your character (especially since free accounts are limited on how many playthroughs they can do per day)I consider a game to be pay to win, if they add elements which make the game less or not fun to play for those who choose not to dump extra money into the game.That means that in order to push you into spending extra, the developers intentionally ruined parts of the game for those who did not dump extra money in.PS in a RPG style game, the characters level info is generally stored within a single line of text, the $60 is 100% profit for them, as the servers are doing more work than editing character info, by you simply logging into the game.It is just as bad as those mobile games where they want to to do micro transactions for extra items (or you can browse to the install location, and hex edit your save file to get the same items that they wanted you to dump a ton of micro transaction money into.).

Bolizen

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Don't bother commenting if you don't know anything about this.They don't let people just hop into the game on a fresh 90. They go through a detailed tutorial, learn their class.And the ONLY way they are allowed to even purchase a 90 toon is if they already have a level 90.Damn morons.

FromRussiaWithL0ve

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
I don't play WoW anymore because it takes long time to gear up for competitive pvp. Honor grind is ridiculous because of bg que times. And gear gap is too big to enjoy that grind. Its just miserable experience. I think its totaly fine to sell lvl 90 boost because people who needs it will find a way to get it anyway. I love leveling in wow. I have 10 lvl 90 characters. And i know i will never use this service maybe only on a new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS