Question Buy Alienware M15 R3 now or wait for new 2021 models ?

ej13

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
I am looking for opinions on getting a new Alienware M15 R3 with 32gb ram, 512 gb nvme stge, RTX 2070 Super and I7 10875h cpu. I can get this for 2434 canadian or about 1914 USD.

With the new RTX laptops entering the market should I wait? I want this to last and am worried about heat problems with the m15.

I have just finished putting together a good home PC but we are going to be spending time in a rv we just got so my needs are different,

This is an extravagance but I have gone through life settling for something a little less than what I wanted so I am at that time where I want to make sure I am happy with my purchases.

I have a chromebook to take while I wait as it is not high season for camping and I have the home system.

You can always wait for new models. If you need a laptop now, buy it now. If you can wait, wait. What happens in the future with prices, new parts availability is a guess, but with computers you can pretty much guarantee to buy something faster next year or in two years for the same cost as what it is today.

ej13

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
You can always wait for new models. If you need a laptop now, buy it now. If you can wait, wait. What happens in the future with prices, new parts availability is a guess, but with computers you can pretty much guarantee to buy something faster next year or in two years for the same cost as what it is today.
Thank you for your reply. I think that is good advice and the new 30 series laptops may be able to bring down the heat and sound level.