Buy An Nvidia GPU, Get 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame most people already bought a new video card by now. They are just trying to entice AMD users over.

Last time I purchased a video card for a game I was burned so I would wait for the R9 300 series. Chances are it's going to be good.

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
Got my msi 970 in december, which is quite a piss off because i got stuck with crappy Ubisoft games that they had to make up for by giving away for their horrible service to the gaming industry.....kinda wish i waited woulda been able to cop this for free :( lol oh well....

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013

I would have, but amd said they were going to focus on APUs more than GPUs atm, and reassured that statement again in January and that AMD GPUs won't really make a fuss until 2nd quarter of 2015. Any idea which one you're waiting on? or are you waiting to see what they announce? I would have loved to stay AMD (i had 6970 got burned out on WatchDogs launch day cuz that game was so crap and poorly optimized lol) but I couldn't wait another year for one so...yeah....

caj

Distinguished
why CD Projekt ..... WHY? couldnt you go AMD instead Nvidia. i dont want a war now but im sure nvidia gonna cripple dis game for non nvidia users with their Gameworks implementation

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013

I doubt it, cuz they would likely piss off a big portion of their target audience. I'm sure it'll optimize well on AMD cards.

seymoorebutts

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
why CD Projekt ..... WHY? couldnt you go AMD instead Nvidia. i dont want a war now but im sure nvidia gonna cripple dis game for non nvidia users with their Gameworks implementation

Those features aren't proprietary and are additional, meaning users don't have to select them and won't cripple performance.

8R_Scotch

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
GTX 970 users will get The Witcher 3.5, right? RIGHT? LEFT?
GTX 970 users will get The Witcher 3.5, right? RIGHT? LEFT?

good one, but it'll actually be version 2.5
yet it still benches exactly the same as before we knew what version it was.
But in some areas we did not test, it will be slow as hell.
No, you'll get the FULL Witcher 3. It's just the last part of the game will run in 16-bit 2D graphics.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

What areas exactly are you talking about? Anandtech etc are still looking for those corner cases and haven't come up with any yet. There is nothing saying they can't do a driver update to get around it also if one ever come up (anandtech already said this, they do this regularly). Crossbar tech is not new to them, they've been doing this for ages at NV (and amd in a few cases) so are well aware of how to hunt them down and squash them. Since anandtech etc (NV themselves too) is actively looking, let me know when they find a bunch ;) until then, what you said is PURE FUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.