buy GTA V Social club copy and run with steam files ?

The Slayer

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
so gta 5 is 60 gigs and i copied the gta files off of my brothers pc to my hard drive. the thing is he bought gta on steam and i have all those steam dlls and stuff i want to buy gta todat but the steam version in g2a is just too expensive my parents don't want to but that for me just wondering if i could play the game without downloading all of it with the files i already have if i buy a rockstar global cd- key

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

Yes, if you crack it. Aulthough, that would be illegal i will say however you can do whatever you want so it's really down to you; just be ready to pay the consequences if you're found to have an ilegitemate copy. i wouldn't recommend it. Maybe your brother could let you sign in on his steam account to play the game?

The Slayer

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

Thanks dude

The Slayer

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

that's what i was asking not if it was piracy or not. it's not piracy because i'm paying for it i just don't wanna download 60 gigs or pay more if i can get the game for cheaper, isnt that what anyone would do go with a cheaper option ? i'm against piracy as well

If you don't want to download then try a boxed version, assuming you can find one.

Sites like G2A, Kinguin, etc. sell grey-market product keys and operate just like eBay but without much consumer protection. There's no guarantee that the key you buy will be for the region you live in, the language you speak or even if the key will still be valid in the future. It may turn out that key was obtained illegally, which could put you on the developer's naughty list and see you banned from their online services.

The Slayer

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

Aren't g2a keys certified ? i'm buying it on g2a