Buy MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II/OC for $335 now or wait?

chinig

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Waited to see if any deals at black friday, didn't see much. There was a deal for 6970 on newegg but since I live in Cali, after tax it comes out to about the same as this really good MSI card that gets 5 star over 50+ review on newegg.

I'm not very familiar with video card prices, sale trends, and if its a good time to buy now. I wouldn't mind it if I'm missing out on a $20-30 discount opportunity, but don't know if steeper discount may come later this year.

Anyone foresee any good deals before the year ends? Or should I just get this beauty for $335 and call it a day?

:bounce:

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
The "Power Edition" of the card is matched with the TF III cooler. I am not entirely sure what the difference is but I believe the "Power Edition" is overclocked even further and may have different components / features which aide in the overclocking process.

Seeing as how the difference between the two is only 30 dollars, I would purchase the "Power Edition" variant.

The "Power Edition" is the Twin Frozer 111 and it is clocked at 770 nhz The other one , the Twin Frozer 11 is clocked at 750mhz so it doesn't seem worth it to get the Twin Frozer 111 for $30 more and it's only 20mhz faster clock. Stick with the Twin Frozer 11.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
I did read that a few people were having trouble with the TF II cooler, mainly on the GTX 560. The fan blades were hitting the aluminum fins, which obviously isn't good.

I am not sure if the TF III cooler has this issue but I haven't heard any complaints about it, only praise.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Oh, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the TF II cooler, a few duds definitely should not deter you from purchasing the card.

If you have the money and are not on a budget, I see no reason not to get the TF III PE card.