Buy pc when ps5 comes out or buy one now?

Sep 4, 2018
So i am currently a ps4 gamer but i want to make the jump to pc gaming. I was wondering if i should wait for the release of the ps5 so i could get every last drop of performance out of my ps4 and then upgrade to pc. Or should i just don't wait and buy an budget upgradeble pc right now and invest in a good gpu when the time comes?

Solution
Pc gaming definitely has its advantages :

1)144hz gaming
2) higher graphics fidelity than console.
3) game recording and other group chat features with discord etc

If suppose you are gonna go with console, u r gonna use a TV for display.

Gaming monitors have better response time and are optimized for games.

I would suggest this :

For cpu, the Intel 9700k launch is in about a month along with z390 platform. It's rumored to be soldered which means higher clock speed. Expect 5.3g-5.5ghz. So u r set with a solid cpu for min 3 years, probably 5 years.

For gpu, Vega 7nm is gonna launch this year end. But it's known that the ps5 is being built around Navi 7nm gpu architecture which will release next year.

More on the gpu : if you are...
Pc gaming definitely has its advantages :

1)144hz gaming
2) higher graphics fidelity than console.
3) game recording and other group chat features with discord etc

If suppose you are gonna go with console, u r gonna use a TV for display.

Gaming monitors have better response time and are optimized for games.

I would suggest this :

For cpu, the Intel 9700k launch is in about a month along with z390 platform. It's rumored to be soldered which means higher clock speed. Expect 5.3g-5.5ghz. So u r set with a solid cpu for min 3 years, probably 5 years.

For gpu, Vega 7nm is gonna launch this year end. But it's known that the ps5 is being built around Navi 7nm gpu architecture which will release next year.

More on the gpu : if you are getting like the 9700k, u r having the least bottlenecking cpu a gpu can have. So moving on to gpu, it completely depends on the monitor resolution and refresh rate.

I for myself prefer those 21:9 ultrawide displays. So if suppose u really gonna choose a 3440x1440 res curved monitor like the acer predate X35p, the 1080ti is a good choice.

Decide on the resolution and refresh rate and look for gpu benchmarks for them. That will help you in narrowing down the gpu choice.

About Nvidia rtx? Reviews and benchmarks will be be out soon and then you can decide.

Solution