[SOLVED] Buying a 144hz monitor to use with a 980ti

Thrashtildeth92

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
I’m aware the Nividia 9 series doesn’t support FreeSync and I’ll likely experience tearing issues.

My 980ti does however support G-Sync. Does this therefore mean any new monitor I buy at 1080p/1440p with 144hz/165hz is fair game and they’ll be no tearing issues? This is so confusing

Solution
I would assume any Gsync monitor would work with a 980ti. I am using a monitor that is 4.5yrs old and it has Gsync and I run my 980ti on it nicely. New monitors should do even better. Gsync compatible might work too, but that I can't confirm.

In your signature you have a 970. If you are upgrading I'd just look for a AMD 5600xt and pair it with a Freesync monitor.
I’m aware the Nividia 9 series doesn’t support FreeSync and I’ll likely experience tearing issues.

My 980ti does however support G-Sync. Does this therefore mean any new monitor I buy at 1080p/1440p with 144hz/165hz is fair game and they’ll be no tearing issues? This is so confusing
You will need a monitor with a G-Sync module. Not a "G-Sync Compatible" (FreeSync) monitor.

I would assume any Gsync monitor would work with a 980ti. I am using a monitor that is 4.5yrs old and it has Gsync and I run my 980ti on it nicely. New monitors should do even better. Gsync compatible might work too, but that I can't confirm.

In your signature you have a 970. If you are upgrading I'd just look for a AMD 5600xt and pair it with a Freesync monitor.

Solution