Question Buying a brand new PSU from a person

DSzymborski

Titan
What if the person selling the product gives his name?

Unless Fractal Design is as cooperative as a company like EVGA, which allows transfers, just knowing the name won't be enough. You'll likely need all the paperwork from the time of purchase.

And I should note, that PSUs have no odometers. Any PSU that has been opened and used should be considered a used on and treated accordingly, not a brand-new one.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Unless Fractal Design is as cooperative as a company like EVGA, which allows transfers, just knowing the name won't be enough. You'll likely need all the paperwork from the time of purchase.

And I should note, that PSUs have no odometers. Any PSU that has been opened and used should be considered a used on and treated accordingly, not a brand-new one.

Yes, but this one has it’s plastic still intact. That is why im calling it new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Only you can decide on the risk vs reward. As a psu has the potential to do expensive damage if it fails I personally would not take any chances. You won’t know how much of a problem it is until you actually need it.

But is it really a risk if the box hasn’t even been opened? I mean the plastic is still there, only wore off abit. And a receipt will come along the package.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yes, but this one has it’s plastic still intact. That is why im calling it new.

Didn't see the plastic in the smaller version of the picture. So that's good at least.

But note that the warranty doesn't reset as this is a replacement. It goes back to when the user bought the initial PSU.

Also depends on what the receipt says. Given they've already sent a replacement unit once, I'm sure they'd be suspicious if you said "Hey, I'm the same guy, I just have a different name and live in a different area and don't have access to my account on which I purchased this."

But either way, you appear to be have come here seeking affirmation rather than information, so it's all a moot point and there's little point in my belaboring the point. Good luck to you!

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Didn't see the plastic in the smaller version of the picture. So that's good at least.

But note that the warranty doesn't reset as this is a replacement. It goes back to when the user bought the initial PSU.

Also depends on what the receipt says. Given they've already sent a replacement unit once, I'm sure they'd be suspicious if you said "Hey, I'm the same guy, I just have a different name and live in a different area and don't have access to my account on which I purchased this."

That is the problem. And the seller refuses to show me receipt as proof of purchase and such.

But is it really a risk if the box hasn’t even been opened? I mean the plastic is still there, only wore off abit. And a receipt will come along the package.

Seeing the plastic covering doesn't mean it hasn't been opened. My wife bought me a game via Amazon and it came in the plastic wrap but the case never included the game. Someone had opened it, removed the game, resealed the package, and then sold it on Amazon.