[SOLVED] Buying a Dell XPS Desktop - Which graphics card?

May 11, 2021
I've built plenty of systems over the years but I've finally reached the point in life where I'm not interested in overclocking, putting together components. I don't play computer games but the reason for my upgrade is because my current system chokes on my video production chores. I'm using a Pentium G3258 with 8G of ram which is a great general-purpose CPU but is insufficient for my new video hobby.

As such, I'm looking at various configurations and while I don't need a powerful video card for my video production software, it seems a shame not to take advantage of the prices I can get them for when buying a system. I was going to get the GTX 1660 Super which is only a $196 upgrade. I can also get a RTX 2060 but that tilts the scale higher than I can probably justify. I think the built-in Intel graphics is all I need for video processing but hey....never know when I might want to grab a game. I could always sell it on Ebay and probably come out ahead. If I went that route any input on which graphics card would be most desirable?

Solution
1650 super, 1660 super/ti, are all pretty much the same. 1070 ti would also be a good idea. My advice would is to just get one on ebay used. Probably the only way you can get a card nowadays anyways.

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
1650 super, 1660 super/ti, are all pretty much the same. 1070 ti would also be a good idea. My advice would is to just get one on ebay used. Probably the only way you can get a card nowadays anyways.

Solution
May 11, 2021
They include the cards with the build. That is about the only way to get a card these days. I just don't game enough to keep the card though. I'm going to sell it on Ebay. I bought a Dell XPS with a 10th gen i7-10700k, 16G RAM, 500G SSD, and the RTX-2070 Super and I plan on selling that card on Ebay and I'll throw my old GTX 750 ti in it and call it good.

Reactions: AlexTheFern

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
They include the cards with the build. That is about the only way to get a card these days. I just don't game enough to keep the card though. I'm going to sell it on Ebay. I bought a Dell XPS with a 10th gen i7-10700k, 16G RAM, 500G SSD, and the RTX-2070 Super and I plan on selling that card on Ebay and I'll throw my old GTX 750 ti in it and call it good.
sounds good!