Oct 9, 2015
Hello,
My PC ;
Core i5 4440
Evga Supernova 650W Gold
Biostar H81 board
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8Gb
GTX 750Ti
I really want to upgrade my GPU for games like BF1, Titanfall 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, WatchDogs 2, Gears of War 4. I am using a 1080p monitor.
I am confused with GTX 1070 and GTX 1060.

Solution
Personally, here is what I would do about this:

You have the budget of up to a GTX 1070, which runs between the 980Ti and the 1080, and is an extra 0.5+/- compared to the 1060. The 1060 runs about the same as a 980, which can run games like BF1 on high/maximum settings.

I would personally, find a great GTX 1060 that fits your build, has good clock speeds and good aesthetics. Then I would also get another 8GB of RAM (or if you have 2x4GB) I would get a 2x8GB kit.

Your PSU will be able to handle the 1060 easily, as the EVGA Supernova's are some of the best PSUs out there.

You may also save a little bit of money, and you could eventually upgrade your Motherboard and CPU, as your current CPU will cause bottlenecking, but not too much...

xFeaRDom

Estimable
Personally, here is what I would do about this:

You have the budget of up to a GTX 1070, which runs between the 980Ti and the 1080, and is an extra 0.5+/- compared to the 1060. The 1060 runs about the same as a 980, which can run games like BF1 on high/maximum settings.

I would personally, find a great GTX 1060 that fits your build, has good clock speeds and good aesthetics. Then I would also get another 8GB of RAM (or if you have 2x4GB) I would get a 2x8GB kit.

Your PSU will be able to handle the 1060 easily, as the EVGA Supernova's are some of the best PSUs out there.

You may also save a little bit of money, and you could eventually upgrade your Motherboard and CPU, as your current CPU will cause bottlenecking, but not too much, but I would recommend upgrading your CPU.

Solution

LordVi

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
ok, so what are the final parts u would suggest me to upgrade the performance. And yes i have a budget of GTX 1070
what CPU, GPU, and Baord should i get and of course i'll have to change my RAM as well ...

xFeaRDom

Estimable

You don't have to upgrade the other components any time soon, but I would recommend doing it when you have the money, as you would need to get all of them at once depending on what you upgrade.

I would recommend finding a great GTX 1060, one that you like, with great cooling (At least 2 fans - Or at least that's my opinion), and with great clock speeds etc.

I just recommended the other upgrades as it is, it would cause slight bottlenecking due to the CPU being released at the end of 2013, so it is quite old, but it is meant to last a good 4-5 years, so you are good for now.

So at the current moment, depending if you plan on upgrading the rest of the components, I would recommend getting 16GB of RAM, as it is always nice to get more RAM, and get a nice GTX 1060.

Getting the 1070 would be pointless with his current components, as they are quite out of date, he would definitely not get the full performance out of the 1070. And the 1070 is made for 2K Gaming, rather than 1080p.

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Out of the 2, I would say the Asus STRIX GTX 1060 is better, as it has higher clock speeds and has a triple-fan cooling system, so it will be able to keep cooler, even with a good overclock.

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Not really too sure on the headphones, but I can recommend a gaming mouse that I personally think is amazing. It is quite expensive though: The Logitech G502, this is quite a heavy mouse but it is great, as it has customisable keys on it and and LED lighting that you can configure. I heard that Razor produced great mice, but not really had any experience with them.