Question Buying a new monitor

aschamne

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2012
I decided to build myself a new computer and I found out that my old monitor is not compatible with the new video card, monitor is VGA or DVI and new video card is HDMI or Displayport. Then I realized that my monitor is actually fairly old, I've had it for 8-10 years and surprisingly there are no dead pixels. So, my wife has given me permission to go up in size as I also have more room on my current desk than I did when I bought the old monitor. I am currently using a Samsung Syncmaster 2494sw and I have narrowed down my choices to either a LG 32GK650F-B or a AOC CQ32G1. The biggest difference between the 2 is the LG is flat and the AOC is curved, can anyone tell me what the advantages and disadvatages between the 2 would be. I do not play first person shooters, I play more RPG and RTS games and occasionally some GTA 5 if I need to blow off a little steam. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

extreme_noob

Notable
Jul 30, 2018
The aoc monitor is better, as it has 1ms response time vs the 6ms response time on the lg monitor, which means less ghosting pixels.
They both are the same in almost every other way, with freesync, VA panels, 144Hz refresh rate

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS