Buying a new processor. Need help!

kebbin01

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
My system right now has a Intel i5 4690k with a Bigwater 850 gts liquid cooler. I want to upgrade to a Intel i7 7800x. The biggest mount for my cooler is a LGA 2011 and the new processor is a LGA 2066 socket. Will my liguid cooler still work or should i get a new one, and if so want cooler? I also heard the Bigwater coolers aren't that good? Im really stuck on this. Thank you!

Solution
Well, unless you can find a respective adapter for an LGA2011 to 2066, i would imagine it’s the end of the line for your Bigwater.

In this day in time, a lot of people tend to lean towards water cooling for their K and X processors, surely because of their overclockability and the reasonable amount of heat they produce. That being said, nothing is wrong with air cooling. If you’re looking for something cheap and reliable, EVO tends to stick it right in the jowls of most other coolers. As far as water cooling, that would be different. And, to be frank, I’m novice with water cooling, so that’s best left to a more informed person.

Altogether, you have a lot of options. And, as a side note, I’ve never heard of a Bigwater, if that tells...

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
Well, unless you can find a respective adapter for an LGA2011 to 2066, i would imagine it’s the end of the line for your Bigwater.

In this day in time, a lot of people tend to lean towards water cooling for their K and X processors, surely because of their overclockability and the reasonable amount of heat they produce. That being said, nothing is wrong with air cooling. If you’re looking for something cheap and reliable, EVO tends to stick it right in the jowls of most other coolers. As far as water cooling, that would be different. And, to be frank, I’m novice with water cooling, so that’s best left to a more informed person.

Altogether, you have a lot of options. And, as a side note, I’ve never heard of a Bigwater, if that tells you anything.

Solution