Buying a new SSD, some adivce needed!

ssmana

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
Hi, i am in the market for a new ssd. first off preferred manufacturer, second any advice would help. I need at least 450 gb. I want it fast but not crazy fast. I am shopping at canada's computers and i was looking at this one by intel http://www.canadacomputers.com/search_result.php?pagePos=0&manu=INTEL&search=1&ccid=179&cPath=179&page=1. what do you think?

Solution
You want to go for either a Samsung 850 Evo optimally.
The sata connections are the same as always, Sata 3.
There is however M.2 connection allowing for very fast SSDs to run at high speeds, but the 850 Evo is the best SATA drive out there, as anything faster will be wasted.
Get the Samsung 850 Evo 500GB if you have the budget, but if you can't afford that, the Sandisk SSD PLUS is the next best thing in a slightly lower price range with solid performance.

ssmana

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

Thanks, i will search the canada computers web page for samsung SSD's maybe i can find a better product.

You want to go for either a Samsung 850 Evo optimally.
The sata connections are the same as always, Sata 3.
There is however M.2 connection allowing for very fast SSDs to run at high speeds, but the 850 Evo is the best SATA drive out there, as anything faster will be wasted.
Get the Samsung 850 Evo 500GB if you have the budget, but if you can't afford that, the Sandisk SSD PLUS is the next best thing in a slightly lower price range with solid performance.

Solution