[SOLVED] Buying a Ryzen 5 3600

nickmte

Commendable
Nov 2, 2017
Hello,
I am about to build a new system including Ryzen 5 3600 cpu. Now, I haven't been following the news recently but I know that after its release a lot of MOBOs had a BIOS problems with new CPUs.
My question is:
Did they fix the issues? Is it 'safe' to buy a R5 3600 and not worry about those kind of problems?

Thanks!

Solution
I have both Ryzen 5 3600 and Ryzen 7 3700X from the release date with older motherboards B450 and X370 and never had a single problem. Only the 3700X was running 100mhz lower from the advertised boost speed but they fixed it later with bios update on september. Its totally safe even with the older motherboards just be sure to update to the latest bios.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not familiar with the problems you are referring to. Was the issue motherboard-specific? Old 400-series boards that needed a BIOS update first? The R5 3600/3600X has been a big seller and shouldn't have any issues by this time, if there were any at launch.

Reactions: nickmte
I have both Ryzen 5 3600 and Ryzen 7 3700X from the release date with older motherboards B450 and X370 and never had a single problem. Only the 3700X was running 100mhz lower from the advertised boost speed but they fixed it later with bios update on september. Its totally safe even with the older motherboards just be sure to update to the latest bios.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
I'm not familiar with the problems you are referring to.
There is no shortage of threads on the forums about Ryzen builds not working even after updating BIOS, not exactly surprising that people reading forums would worry about running into issues as people rarely start threads about everything working exactly as expected. Open feedback is practically always skewed for the worst.

Reactions: nickmte