Buying GTX 1080

Krys_krs

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Hello guys, i want to buy a gtx 1080 ( USED Graphics card because i dont have money for a new one) and its around 320$ and 280€ in my country. and 750-800€ new.
i want to ask you, what test can i do to be sure graphics card isnt dying in the next few days/weeks and get scammed..?

Solution
Nothing can tell you that. If you are not buying it from somebody you KNOW and would not be afraid to take to your mother's house for dinner, OR are gettting a warranty for, I would avoid it.

There are WAY too many used cards on the market that have been abused in mining operations or have had bios modifications done to for it to be a good idea to buy a used card right now.

If the seller is local, and you can run Furmark on it for a half hour with no problems, run the Heaven benchmark on it for several full passes and run Realbench benchmark for two or more passes of the benchmarking utility, then it MIGHT be ok, but the only way to really know is to use it for gaming for a few hours on the most demanding game title you have access...
Nothing can tell you that. If you are not buying it from somebody you KNOW and would not be afraid to take to your mother's house for dinner, OR are gettting a warranty for, I would avoid it.

There are WAY too many used cards on the market that have been abused in mining operations or have had bios modifications done to for it to be a good idea to buy a used card right now.

If the seller is local, and you can run Furmark on it for a half hour with no problems, run the Heaven benchmark on it for several full passes and run Realbench benchmark for two or more passes of the benchmarking utility, then it MIGHT be ok, but the only way to really know is to use it for gaming for a few hours on the most demanding game title you have access to and even then it won't eliminate the possibility that a week later it won't die.

Solution