[SOLVED] Buying Monitor for Reading Text

Mar 31, 2021
Dears,

I'm looking to buy a 24 inches monitor, I want to use it for office work mostly reading mail texts and sometimes watching graphs

I find two monitor models:

One has 4K resolution with 1:000 contrast ratio.

Another one has only full HD resolution but with higher contrast ratio of 1:3000.

Which monitor I will feel more comfortable, more clear and better view experience for reading text, the one that has higher resolution or that has higher contrast ratio.

Regards

Solution
Honestly, if mostly for reading, then just buy the cheaper one.
Contrast ratio isn't important for reading, writing, web browsing, etc. Same goes for 4K vs FullHD, because 24 inch is not really that big panel and we usually look at screen from reasonable distance (about 50-60cm).
Honestly, if mostly for reading, then just buy the cheaper one.
Contrast ratio isn't important for reading, writing, web browsing, etc. Same goes for 4K vs FullHD, because 24 inch is not really that big panel and we usually look at screen from reasonable distance (about 50-60cm).

Solution

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
I have heard for some reason HDTVs (which some people use as computer monitors) cause problems for reading text in a word processing document for some reason. Like it doesn't look as clear as it does on a computer monitor for some reason.

I know you said you're looking at the full HD one and the 4K one, but if you're doing a lot of office work on it like writing papers or making powerpoint presentations or whatever, you might want to consider an ultrawide monitor. Some of them are pretty cheap these days and having the additional screen space can be extremely handy and convenient for productivity because it allows you to have multiple documents open on the same screen all at the same time, which is very helpful for this type of work in my experience.

Last edited:

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
The wrong resolution cause problemes with text. They drop the resolution to increase the size of the text.

They should zoom in with the program, not drop resolution, or in windows, change settings to enlarge icons, texts and buttons.

The higher the resolution, the smaller text appear

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
The wrong resolution cause problemes with text. They drop the resolution to increase the size of the text.

They should zoom in with the program, not drop resolution, or in windows, change settings to enlarge icons, texts and buttons.

The higher the resolution, the smaller text appear
You are right, the pixelations contribute with the enlargement.