Question buying new laptop, need suggestion/help

Jan 8, 2020
hey guys, im buying a new laptop after 8 years cause the old one is completely FUBAR and i was wondering if you could help me choose or give some suggestions/advice

this is the one i had in mind:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XPLHL3K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

however i do have a few questions.it says the intel Core i3-10110u Processor goes up to 4.1 GHz (with turbo boost im assuming) but...in the desktop pc that i have built on my own i have a ryzer7 which is a much superior cpu and it only goes up to 3.7 with boost. what gives?is the 4.1 a reliable number?

also, do you have any suggestions for an alternative within this price range?(400$). i wouldnt be using the laptop for gaming much however i will use it with propellerheads reason DAW(it can get taxing when you run many resource hog plugins all at once).any suggestions would be much appreciated.thanks in advance

Jan 8, 2020
ram and ssd is not important for me.,i will upgrade ram to the max anyway and i have other options for storage. i just want some "umph" on the cpu. the base speeds are so horrible on all of these computers nowaday. even my crappy 8 year old laptop that i bought for 450$ back then has a base of 2.5GHz (i3 3120m)...but now, everywhere i look they have these laughable speeds like 1.70/1.90....whats happening here? i thought i was supposed to get a machine twice as powerful for the same price (its been almost a decade). and instead everything is getting weaker? im quite confused about this (if a 450$ laptop boasted a speed of 2.5MHz in 2013, why is it that in 2020 i get half the power for the same price???).am i missing something here?

Feb 5, 2020
The low speeds are to keep temps in check and also to save battery life, when you don't need the power, why drain the battery, one could argue that factory undervolting would be more effective and cheaper but that's subject for another matter. And aside, any 10th get i3 is going to be faster than a 5th get i7 so I wouldn't worry too much, its going to be in improvement unless you go pentium or Celeron although those would also probably be an improvement.

Jan 8, 2020
The low speeds are to keep temps in check and also to save battery life, when you don't need the power, why drain the battery, one could argue that factory undervolting would be more effective and cheaper but that's subject for another matter. And aside, any 10th get i3 is going to be faster than a 5th get i7 so I wouldn't worry too much, its going to be in improvement unless you go pentium or Celeron although those would also probably be an improvement.
understood. thanks pal