[SOLVED] Buying router to use as AP

Wildduk

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
Probably a lot of opinions here, but I just need to purchase a router to set up as an AP on my network....Are there any goto brands that are favored or will pretty much any popular one work. Guessing I want a dual band, gigabit router. Looking at the TP link AC1900.....

thx

Solution
I purchased a TP link router. If I use its internal function that sets itself up as a AP, how do I know what the IP address it assigned itself is??
Generally, you want to assign a static IP address before you toggle to an AP. You may have to experiment a couple times. If you can't access the device, you factory reset and try again.

kanewolf

Titan
Probably a lot of opinions here, but I just need to purchase a router to set up as an AP on my network....Are there any goto brands that are favored or will pretty much any popular one work. Guessing I want a dual band, gigabit router. Looking at the TP link AC1900.....

thx
I have always liked Asus. They have a one button toggle in the user interface to switch between router and AP. Something like the RT-AC68U.