Question Buzzing noise coming from CPU area -- AIO pump?

Aug 13, 2024
Hi all,

Over the last few months, my custom build (built almost 3 years ago) has developed a persistent buzzing noise that started quieter and got louder over time. I'm not exactly sure when it happened -- it could have been random or it could have been related to adding or swapping a part, but I know it didn't happen when I installed the AIO CPU cooler. When it first began, it was also intermittent, and now it happens any time my computer is on. I'm 99% sure it's not any of the fans (I've used fan tuning software to turn them all off, including those on the AIO radiator, and it still occurs), and when I've tried to localize the noise inside the case, it seems very distinctly to be coming from the CPU/AIO pump. What I have not tried yet is unmounting the cooler from the CPU/swapping the cooler. I'm wondering -- does this sound like air trapped in the pump, or could anything else near the CPU area of the motherboard be making this noise?

Here's a video of the noise:
View: https://imgur.com/a/kVKdtHx

Here are my system specs:
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
EVGA RTX 3090 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3600 (64GB)
NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm AIO cooler
be quiet! DARK POWER 12 850W PSU

Thank you for your time and help! Let me know if I missed any detail that might be useful.

Latest posts