[SOLVED] Buzzing noise from PSU (not sure) ?

aniruddha_datta

Commendable
Jan 22, 2019
Hello I was playing battlfield V and i started to hear some buzzing noise coming from the back (near io ports) of the PC i am not sure whats causing this.
I bought my pc 2-3 months ago and all parts are brand new except the GPU. It seems like its coming from the PSU but i need help to be sure.

CPU:- Ryzen 5 3600
Ram:- Gskill tridentz 16 gb
PSU :- Corsair CV 650 Watt PSU
GPU:- GTX 1050 Asus Duel
MOBO:- Asus ROG B550 f

I have a video of the sound here, it stopped after i closed the game
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13w0QIKTX8sy5WSczVXCr2nRp6S6mQUU8/view?usp=sharing

Solution
Hey there,

This is known as coil whine. Typically it involves the PSU and/or GPU. Sometimes it can also because by the VRM's on a motherboard. Whilst annoying, it shouldn't cause harm to your system (unless it's already glitchy and crashing ). It typically gets more noticeable when there is a heavy load on the GPU, which is why it stops when you shut down a game, I suspect.

The only real way to check is to swap out your GPU and/or PSU and test.
Hey there,

This is known as coil whine. Typically it involves the PSU and/or GPU. Sometimes it can also because by the VRM's on a motherboard. Whilst annoying, it shouldn't cause harm to your system (unless it's already glitchy and crashing ). It typically gets more noticeable when there is a heavy load on the GPU, which is why it stops when you shut down a game, I suspect.

The only real way to check is to swap out your GPU and/or PSU and test.

Solution