[SOLVED] Buzzing noise when side panel is on.

N4rral

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
Hey, Now it is about 5 years my pc is making buzzing noises. I started to noticing it much more now and i want to get rid of it. I tried cleaning the pc from all the dust collected in few years, but i noticed as soon as i take off the side panel those noises slowly start to be less lound, untill they disapear almost completely. And when the side panel is on, taking off screws from back of the side panel makes the noise slightly less loud. So i don't know if the problem i caused by my case. I took care of all cables to not colide with the side panel, checked every single fan and still didn't find the answer how to solve this problem. So does anyone got some tips for me to get rid of this annoying noise ?

Solution
When the noise is being heard gently touch the side panel in various places and hold the touch. Perhaps just press a little....

Or anywhere else around the outside of the case.

Are you able to make the noise quieter or even stop?

Key is to discover the source of the noise. Likely something has loosened up and that results in some movement.

My thought is that something is a bit loose and just resonating or vibrating/rattling. Touching outside of the case may reduce or stop the noise. If so, note where you are touching and open the case.

If not, then you will need to open the case anyway.

Power off, unplug, and open the case. Then very carefully check all screws and use a screwdriver to just tighten them down just a bit...

Ralston18

Titan
When the noise is being heard gently touch the side panel in various places and hold the touch. Perhaps just press a little....

Key is to discover the source of the noise. Likely something has loosened up and that results in some movement.

My thought is that something is a bit loose and just resonating or vibrating/rattling. Touching outside of the case may reduce or stop the noise. If so, note where you are touching and open the case.

Power off, unplug, and open the case. Then very carefully check all screws and use a screwdriver to just tighten them down just a bit more snuggly. Pay extra attention to what is located around the area where your outside touch reduced or stopped the noise.

Touch and wiggle the case framework and all components. Look for movement and if moving look for some way to secure or reduce the movement.

Reactions: N4rral
Solution

N4rral

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020

Power off, unplug, and open the case. Then very carefully check all screws and use a screwdriver to just tighten them down just a bit more snuggly. Pay extra attention to what is located around the area where your outside touch reduced or stopped the noise.

Touch and wiggle the case framework and all components. Look for movement and if moving look for some way to secure or reduce the movement.
I tried to do what you told me and now it seems the problem is in the motherboard mount. When i pressed the back the panel, where is the motherboard it stoped. So i will try to tighten it a little bit and i'll give you update soon.

TRENDING THREADS