[SOLVED] Buzzing noise when under load/ingame

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
Ok so recently got a MSI 2070 SUPER Gaming X and today I noticed this "buzzing" sound. (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_Fbh673Zg&feature=youtu.be
) I haven't noticed it before but I guess I noticed it now because I was listening to a fan that was "ticking" in my case. Maybe it has been there since I got it just never payed too much attention because you can only hear it if you have no headphones on and you know what to listen for. During gaming or even just having headset on I don't hear it. When I recorded it I had my phone right next to the card to better show what sound it is. Having the case closed its only a bit louder than the fans. The sound doesn't bother me just want to check what it is because I just got the card a couple weeks ago. Also, along with the gpu upgrade I also upgraded the PSU to a Corsair HX1000i. The card seems to run normal, temps normal, boosts the clock speed, fans normal. From what I've read it could be a coil whine, although it sounds different from gpu to gpu so let me know what you think that this is. I noticed it while playing modern warfare on high setting so It was putting stress on it and then when I was recording the vid that was in siege which is set to like high-ultra and running at higher fps since I play at 1080p. From other forums I've found out that higher fps tend to do this. Is this something that I should be worried about or if it doesn't bother me then it's all normal. Thanks

Solution
It is indeed coil whine and if I were you, I'd keep the cards manufacturer and the card's seller(in your region) up to speed on the matter in case you think they should RMA the card. Often times it's nothing to be worried about as you'll see this happen with anything that manages power..

Lutfij

Titan
It is indeed coil whine and if I were you, I'd keep the cards manufacturer and the card's seller(in your region) up to speed on the matter in case you think they should RMA the card. Often times it's nothing to be worried about as you'll see this happen with anything that manages power..

Solution