I have the following configuration:
Abit BX6 Rev2
PII 400
Creative Labs Blaster TNT
Ensoniq Sound Blaster
Adaptec 1015 SCSI
56K BestData Modem
2*64MB PC100 Samsung
and for some time now it keeps locking up on me. Nothing is overclocked on the system. I had Asus P2B with the same configuration and it used to lock up but not that often. Is there any one that knows if the problem is with the configuration I have or something else. Appreciate any help.

G

It was every other day with Win98, then I upgrade to WinME and it started to halt every hour or so, now I am running Win2000 and the problem is still there but not every day. It happens when I scroll down the web pages or sometimes in the middle of a game and it starts to loop the sound.
THX

G

Hmm, if it's not software, try different RAM sticks. That TI data buffer in BX6.2 is a love/hate relatonship...

G

what memory should I use that works for sure with that board... also some one told me that Creative TNT with Ensoniq Creative and Abit BX6 is asking for trouble. Now I see what they met. Anyone that has similar system what should I updrade to make it work. The cheaper the better.
THX

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by crasher on 11/11/00 04:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

No idea, Samsung sticks are great. Just try one or two others to determine if it really is RAM fault.

G

I have a magic TNT and *used* to have a BH6 (fairly similar to BX6). It had issues with booting up after a crash, but not locking up. Now i have a BE6-II, issues with booting up have almost gone (still won't boot occasionally) but is more stable. I really havn't had any problems otherwise with the card. I would most likely say its a rogue driver/program/virus(?) or some other update thats causing the problem. On the sound card, i have a creative SB live. Haven't had any problems with that either.

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had a similiar problem with a Creative TNT. After upgrading to the newer driver it startet to lock up during gameplay (with 3D) and sometimes in normal windows mode. Downgrading the driver and it worked again. Don't know if there is now a even newer one but this may be the trick.

The Hardware itself seems fine to me, nothing unusuall. But the change to WinME surly changed the driver (probably you donwloaded form creative?) and to Win2k too. So try an older one, probably it is the same problem I had.

good luck
Frank

G

I have the Abit board with the adaptec scsi, but I can't get the board to recognize the cdrom and the hard drive connected to the scsi. The suggestions given about drivers and sound card or modem or memory are good to check. Based on my problem I'd recommend that you remove the adaptec card to see how things go.

TRENDING THREADS