Bypassing "This App Can't Run On Your PC"?

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I feel like a total newbie asking this question.

For just the question, skip the next paragraph.

Basically, I play Battlefield 4 from time to time, and EA requires a really tedious plugin be installed on my computer in order to connect. It updates every week or so, for absolutely no reason, and you can't launch the game until you install the next version.

With the last update, Windows pops up an annoying error saying "This app can't run on your PC", and it won't let me install it.

How do I override this? Because it's stupid, constricting, and I have a gut feeling that my gaming rig is capable of running this web plugin, and I wish to try, consequences be damned.

This isn't a Soviet Russia joke. I tell my operating system what to do, not the other way around.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I haven't. Do you suspect that would fix it? It's not the installer causing the error, but Windows not letting it run. It's not that I'm trying to be lazy, but isn't there a way to do this without requiring a restart? I feel the knowledge would be useful in other situations, and I can't seem to find anything after a bit of Googling. Too many different errors and problems with similar descriptions clog the results.

Sidenote/rant: To be honest, getting a little sick of EA's BS. I've had hell with these Battlelog plugins since BF3 came out. Every update, it's a new problem. And they don't simply update, they have to be redownloaded and installed every time.

Just try safe mode...That IS the lazy option.