C&C 4 Tiberian Twilight Miltiplayer Beta Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Bad timing for EA since Supreme Commander 2 comes out 2 weeks before this. I think more people are more likely to purchase that.

G

I sadly purchased the cnc4 beta and am very dissapointed with the game play. Supreme Commander 2 looks great on the previews. I'm looking forward to trying it.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I still love Generals the best of the C&C titles, but this is pretty cool too.

Something about using machinery thats real to life looking (tanks,jets etc)... could be just me.

Jenoin

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]cnc3fan[/nom]I sadly purchased the cnc4 beta and am very dissapointed with the game play. Supreme Commander 2 looks great on the previews. I'm looking forward to trying it.[/citation]
You purchased the C&C4 Beta? How much did you pay for it? Why would you pay for something that is offered for free?

G

I think he meant that he pre-purchased the game.
I too, am disappointed in the game as it fails to live up to it's potential, even if it means breaking decade-long traditions.
Still, the game's still in closed beta and even for hopeless games, that's a stage where miracles happens.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Meh yet another C&C game that promises to bring dumb and shallow multiplayer made by people who have no idea what makes a good multiplayer RTS. I was still suckered into buying C&C3 and kane's wrath. Luckily I resisted Red Alert 3 (partly due to DRM) and I think my regret for wasting money on those 2 should be enough to keep me from buying C&C4 or any of its offspring. This is a game that just refuses to evolve. It's the same old game that came out in the mid-90s with just changing graphics. Back then it was cool. Now it just looks sad.

HTDuro

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I still love Generals the best of the C&C titles, but this is pretty cool too.Something about using machinery thats real to life looking (tanks,jets etc)... could be just me.[/citation]

lol Generals was the only non real C&C game in the series ... they use the C&C name to sell it

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i personally prefer Generals: Zero Hour and all the great fan made mods for them. c&c3 and kane's wrath were ok but red alert 3 was a horrible mistake... oh well.. it's EA... what more can you say?

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
it is not very fun.
i installed it and played a little about a week ago and it is fairly trash. it doesn't live up to any previous C&C game. Sup Com 2 here i come

Elementgreen

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]Meh yet another C&C game that promises to bring dumb and shallow multiplayer made by people who have no idea what makes a good multiplayer RTS. I was still suckered into buying C&C3 and kane's wrath. Luckily I resisted Red Alert 3 (partly due to DRM) and I think my regret for wasting money on those 2 should be enough to keep me from buying C&C4 or any of its offspring. This is a game that just refuses to evolve. It's the same old game that came out in the mid-90s with just changing graphics. Back then it was cool. Now it just looks sad.[/citation]

You're describing the majority of new games today.

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
ive been playing the beta for 5 days and its amazing, the game is made for players with micro managaement skills, fast countering and teamwork, the game is very balanced, and i think it could potentially be a world cyber games title.

ive been in a few close games that are come from behind and really nail biters, the game rocks and is radically different than any of the games in the franchise past.

i recomend it to anyone and i cant wait to play the single player campaign for the story.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
SupCom2 FTW... And even then I am still a bit worried about all of their changes for the "better".... As well as the sharing the game platform with consoles.... I am all for people loving to game on their consoles, but IMO RTS games just dont belong on a console whatsoever....

Status
Not open for further replies.